2010 rzt 42 Deck adjustment?

tintdude

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys new to the forum! my 2010 rzt 42'' deck is lopsided and i figured its best to ask the professionals what to do. Also it has just the 5 selection lift, is there any way to raise my deck up higher than that. i really mow on my highest setting but need it higher to get on my trailer and was wandering if i could adjust to get all levels a little higher? But really concerned with the uneven deck. thanks so much!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello tintdude, Welcome to a fun spot to hang...
The leveling problem easily could be related to your clearance problem... I have seen several riders get their hangers bent a bit loading in trailers as the mower deck usually high centers where the ramps transition to the trailer deck...
The geometry of the hangers is such that things are usually most level at the lower settings and less perfect at the higher...
Check for bent hangers and mounting brackets and while around that part you might experiment with possible modifications that could give you more height but short of going with larger wheel tire combinations there is not a lot you are apt to find to help your clearance issues.. :smile:KennyV

tintdude

Forum Newbie
Threads
well if i was to go with larger tire setup would that hinder the performance of the mower?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
well if i was to go with larger tire setup would that hinder the performance of the mower?

Tintdude

If I were you I'd stay with the Turf Master or Turf Saver tires that are already on the mower. You really don't want to go with a larger tire setup, that would just cost more money. If you do that you will most likely have to change the Castor Wheel Mounting Brackets to accommodate the larger front wheels and those are not real cheap. To answer your question, yes it would hurt the performance of the mower. Besides that I really don't believe the EZT drives will handle anything larger than the tires that are on it, if it would they would already be on it.
If the deck is lopsided take it to a dealer and let them do the adjustments necessary it could save you a lot of problems later.

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

If you go to a 20 inch tall tire:
You will be changing the torque to the turf by 11%, I am sure that will be well within the drive limits designed in the pumps, unless you are rock crawling or entering it into BMX enduros ...

as to the cost , you are going to be buying new tires anyway, if you can tailor your purchase toward what you need your costs will be minimal...
There are several turf tires to choose from so you will have a good selection to choose from... :smile::smile:KennyV

shc00

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a rtz 50 with the same deck leveling problem. After inspecting the deck i discouvered that the deck is held level by two cables between the leveling arms and the deck, one these had broken. When i replaced the cable, a $12.00 per I could once again adjust me deck to level.