2010 BadBoy ZT 6000, electrical problem

grpascott

Threads
Does any body have or seen an electronic schematic for this model. It has five relays...really fun troubleshooting blind. Any help appreciated.

Bertrrr

Threads
I pulled all my relays and re wired it from scratch, No safeties after this modification though.

grpascott

Threads
I pulled them all and checked, contacts are making and breaking ok. Cleaned the lugs and sprayed the sockets. Will check the safety switches, wiring and connectors and tomorrow. I want to keep the safety functions in place.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All you will find is a line drawing but will need to serial number to even look that up.

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
All will find is a line drawing but will need to serial number to even look that up.
After cleaning relay terminals and socket, simply number relays with marker, and swap them out to see which one is bad. What is the problem with the mower you are experiencing?

lugbolt

Threads
Bad Boy can supply you with a "diagram", however it's VERY crude, as is their wiring in that vintage. Poor quality stuff back then. Often see broken wires, both visible AND broken conductors inside the insulation. So, with that, inspect your wiring very well-especially the control arm safety switch wires as those were common breaking points.

grpascott

Threads
After cleaning relay terminals and socket, simply number relays with marker, and swap them out to see which one is bad. What is the problem with the mower you are experiencing?
Hi Tiger'
I haven't been to this forum in quite a while. I thought I had a wiring or safety switch problem. When I engaged the deck the engine would quit. I found that the ignition was still firing, so it had to be carburetor.
Sure enough one the tiny low speed jets was clogged. I cleared it with a guitar high E string...no more stalling when engaging the deck. Thanks for your input.