Export thread

2009 Lazer Z AS No movement right side

A

Andymckee

I recently purchased a 2009 Exmark lazer z 27hp 60" deck from a dealer out of Bloomington, IL. The mower had 1360 hours on it when i purchased it and now has 1385. Was mowing a large property and all of the sudden the right side quit working. Left side works fine but the right side only moves if the control is pushed all the way forward then it whines really loud and will move a few feet and quit again. Was wondering if anyone had an idea if it could be anything besides a bad hydro pump or if so can i get the pump rebuilt?

Thanks in advance Andy.

clpolcar

clpolcar

If you have basic skills you can rebuild the hydro pump yourself. I rebuilt my hydro gear pump a few times. Pretty simple. The wheel motor could have quit also

A

Andymckee

Have you rebuilt the same style pump this has? I can't seem to find a rebuild kit for it

clpolcar

clpolcar

I'm pretty sure it's a hydro gear. Am I correct? If so just take the pump model number and information that's on it to your local exmark dealer and ask for a rebuild kit. There actually pretty simple to do if you take your time and make sure you replace everything

A

Andymckee

to be honest I'm not sure if it is. Its not like the older style hydro exmark with seperate pump and wheel motor its all connected there is no hydraulic lines.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Does it have the transaxle?

A

Andymckee

don't think so.. it has 2 hydro pumps and wheel motors like older style just in one piece instead of having lines between.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Can you post a picture of the system? I have a navigator that's just like that I think. The lines I believe run out of the back

A

Andymckee

heres what my pump looks like

Attachments

clpolcar

clpolcar

What the model number and I will look up and see what I can find.

A

Andymckee

Lzas27kc60 thanks appreciate it

A

Andymckee

Lzas27kc60 Thanks appreciate it

clpolcar

clpolcar

If you look in the hydro fluid reservoir, is there any metal shavings? If so I would pull the pump assembly off and tear it apart and see what parts failed.

clpolcar

clpolcar

clpolcar

clpolcar

Also check to make sure the pulley on the bottom of the pump is moving. There might be a keyway that snapped so it would just be spinning the pulley and not the pump.

A

Andymckee

The pulley spins for sure I've had it started and looking underneath it also I didn't see any shavings. I may try sticking a magnet down inside

A

Andymckee

The dealer told me that the pump must be completely replaced they don't have a rebuild kit for them

clpolcar

clpolcar

That's a expensive repair. Check with a local hydraulic shop. They can rebuild them. There might not be a rebuild kit available but you can buy all the parts individually to rebuild it.