2009 Cub Cadet LTX 1040's Brake Pedal is Sticking with the Drive Pedal.

Andrey408

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2009 Cub Cadet LTX 1040's Brake Pedal is Sticking with the Drive Pedal.
My 2009 Cub Cadet LTX 1040's brake pedal is sticking with the drive pedal when mower was in use. In order to safely stop the mower, I lowered engine throttle and turned the ignition off. Then, I stomped on the brake pedal multiple times to brake it free from the drive pedal. Please help!!! What do you think cause this to happen? How can it be repaired? What parts and/or supplies are recommended for proper repair? If possible, how can it be avoided from happening again in the future?

Charlie8d

Threads
My 2009 Cub Cadet LTX 1040's brake pedal is sticking with the drive pedal when mower was in use. In order to safely stop the mower, I lowered engine throttle and turned the ignition off. Then, I stomped on the brake pedal multiple times to brake it free from the drive pedal. Please help!!! What do you think cause this to happen? How can it be repaired? What parts and/or supplies are recommended for proper repair? If possible, how can it be avoided from happening again in the future?
Clippings can gather under the mower in that area. Use a blower to remove those, then a little oil on the linkages.

Reactions: evh

evh

Threads
Here is a spot to lubricate, but I doubt this is where the issue is. My guess is you have grass clippings in the back portion.

Shot2790.jpg

Andrey408

Forum Newbie
Threads
Clippings can gather under the mower in that area. Use a blower to remove those, then a little oil on the linkages.
Thank you.