2008 toro recycler w/ tecumseh carb, minor problem starting

kingkongva

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2008 toro recycler w/ tecumseh carb, minor problem starting
my toro has been wonderful for yrs. recently got a problem starting. i cleaned out carb, bowl, and clean sthe jet hole on the bolt that secure the bowl. the mower will start only when i prime the bulb at least 20 times. it runs fine after starting. the priming bulb look fine. i have had the chance to replace it yet. my carb look like this one below
Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Tecumseh Series 11 Carburetor
not sure whether i will need to use the carb rebuilt kit. but for sure i will replace the bulb first and try it and c if it will work. any tips or tricks to this problem..thx in advance

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does you carb have the black cap in the square box of picture #1. If so, under that cap is an idle jet that needs cleaning. Suggestion, go purchase Techumseh kit #631021B and build the carb. You will also need a #5 crochet hook to remove the float needle seat. The old wire which holds the float needle to the float can be used ti clean the small idle jet. You need to work it in and out of the end until you see it in the side holes. Good luck.

kingkongva

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does you carb have the black cap in the square box of picture #1. If so, under that cap is an idle jet that needs cleaning. Suggestion, go purchase Techumseh kit #631021B and build the carb. You will also need a #5 crochet hook to remove the float needle seat. The old wire which holds the float needle to the float can be used ti clean the small idle jet. You need to work it in and out of the end until you see it in the side holes. Good luck.

rivet
thank you for replying. i have took the carb out and clean all. my carb have a blk plastic covering the iddle jet. am i suppose to pry it out somehow and clean it?. anyway, after the cleaning the engine start right up. thx

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pry off that cap with a small pick and under it you will see a small brass jet that you unscrew and can clean.

kingkongva

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pry off that cap with a small pick and under it you will see a small brass jet that you unscrew and can clean.
the toro run like it is brand new now, thank you for your help