2008 BB ZT

Tambor63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Belongs to sis in law, said wouldn't crank. Thought weak battery so got a new one and took with me, but not it. It won't turn over or click. Got to looking I noticed one of the sensor wires was detached from the arm, so redid it, still nothing...and then the other sensor wire for other arm was just in there broke off, redid it, still nothing. Checked the break sensor, fine. I checked them all for continuity, all read good. I don't get a click at the switch. I jumped the solenoid with a screwdriver and turns over great, but nothing. Dumped a lil gas in the carb and it cranked for the few secs the gas burned off. I don't know what to look for further, the switch tested fine, but getting another one, but still should've cranked jumping the solenoid, but it's not getting gas? Is there some fuse/relay/other works with the switch that controls something that would make gas flow. I ordered new sensors, but I think they're fine. I just feel I'm missing something simple.

Bertrrr

Threads
There is probably a kill solenoid under the carb bowl that needs 12 volts from the ignition switch , you should hear it click when you turn it to the On position. Check with a test light to see if it's getting a signal.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
According to the wiring for 2008 ZT you have two 25 amp fuses. Where they are someone else might know as BB parts does not have OM available online.