2006 ZForce 50 Hydro Issue

I believe I found the issue, thanks to the comments I received. Took off the linkages tonight and traced the sticking of the right handle to the cast aluminum bellcrank assembly that the linkages attach to, that is supposed to rotate around the Bellcrank Steering Shaft Assembly.....wasn't able to freely rotate and was sticking. I had to replace one of the cast aluminum bellcrank assemblies last year because one of the ears broke off, might not have reassembled it correctly. So my question is, what is the procedure for assembly? Do I lightly sand the shaft and lubricate before installing the linkage connector? Thanks for all the feedback, this is a much better situation than having a failed hydro.
 
Yes, clean the surface and apply some dry ludricant like lithium chassis grease or oany of the dry lubes you will find at push bike shops.
If there is a plastic bush then a couple of drops of kerrosene ( parrafin to some ) works wonders.
The operators manual will tell you to lube with oil either daily or weekly but oil will pick up dust which is why you need a dry lubricant.
 
Back
Top