2005 Lazer Z Deck Questions

Texas Blues

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy folks. Apparently I have been a member since 2010 but didnt realize it until I tried to register, and it told me so lol. Anyhow glad to be here and have already read some interesting stuff. I have a 2005 Lazer Z (LZ27KC604). I bought it used as a "fixer upper". It needed some wiring done, an oil leak, and the usual maintenance. I mowed all last summer , and so far this summer until now. The deck was rusted when I got it, and suspect, but it was solid enough to use. But now its getting bad enough to be a concern. Trying to find used decks as opposed to buying a new deck shell has not been fruitful. I may end up buying the deck shell, but at about $2,200 i'm not in a big hurry. My question is, does anyone know if Toro had a like model to this Laser z, and if so were the decks interchangeable? That might give me more options when searching for a used deck. I understand that I may have to some modifications to make one work, have any of you done this? Thanks for any input you can give! TB

JD_Driver

Threads
Crap, at $2200, that’s nearly the value of the unit