2005 Bolens Lawn Tractor - oil cap left loose and now it smokes out the muffler profusely

ukiltmybrutha

Threads
  • / 2005 Bolens Lawn Tractor - oil cap left loose and now it smokes out the muffler profusely
Smoke went away...might have been residual. It appears that this was also a fuel problem....chinesium fuel shutoff valve I purchased a while back and gave me problems. I need to find some decent fuel shutoffs that aren't too expensive but aren't ebay quality either. I am concerned to pay a premium for a shutoff valve that takes 10 zillion years to get here and is still chinesium. Runs without that shutoff valve.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / 2005 Bolens Lawn Tractor - oil cap left loose and now it smokes out the muffler profusely
Hi, I replaced the head gasket and now it smokes oil all the time and exhibits the same symptoms. No more smoke coming from the carb though. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Firstly you can get a lot of oil in the muffler than can take several hours to burn off .
So leave it for a couple of weeks
Then do the dip stick test

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the carb is good then the shut off valve is a braces & Belt approach
Mind you I always ft them, mostly for my convienance as the customers rarely bother to turn them off .