Snow blower 2004 Legacy compatible with 1992 Sunstar Snow Blower

yoweyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2004 Legacy compatible with 1992 Sunstar Snow Blower
I have three Simplicity tractors; Broadmore,Prestige, and 1992 Sun Star. Would like to upgrade Sunstar to a 2004 Legacy 2wd, The legacy front PTO, axle mounted seems similar to my Sun Star. I use my current SunStar for snowblowing, It easily out performs to Prestige(4wd). But being older, I am considering the above legacy.
On my sun star I have 42" snowblower, and a three way plow, The lift bar is 1675390. What are compatibility of attacments? is lift bar the same? is the front mounting the same? Other than expense I would consider buying, if available? a new Blower, but worried that I might run into unavailable parts or compatibility issues with lift bar,
The legacy that I am considering has a hitch frame and plow. SO do I just need blower only? will my exsisting Lift bar ( I have two) work or do I need to buy a new lift bar if available??
I would appreciate any comment on above.

Other comment issues- My Prestige has a belt driven snowblower ( single Stage) I have finally fixed belt braking problem, but I am not a fan of Prestige or belt driven
blowers.

Jim from CT. my correct user id is toweyj and my email is toweyj@cox.net

Last edited: