2004 John Deere LX280 riding mower

Cardawg55

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have searched online to find the location of the oil pressure switch on my 2004 LX280 John Deere mower. Kawasaki 18hp engine Model FH580V, searched for images on the internet with no success.
I avoid the local John Deere Service center ($175.00 labor hour)
Oil light flicker after mowing an hour, oil level is full and using Kawasaki recommended 20-50 for hot climate (Texas).
Local independent repair shop recommended that I replace the oil pressure switch first.
Before I tear things apart - where is the oil pressure switch located on this engine?
Thank you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For less than 1 hour of labour you could buy the JD technical manual and become an expert overnight.
The book will show the position of every switch, the pug for that switch , how to test it, what it does & how to repair it .

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Usually just over the oil filter.

Cardawg55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all, I appreciate your feedback!

rice4me

Threads
For less than 1 hour of labour you could buy the JD technical manual and become an expert overnight.
The book will show the position of every switch, the pug for that switch , how to test it, what it does & how to repair it .
I could have used a manual when I tried to remove the POS air filter cover.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no excuse for any JD owner not to have a copy of the technical manual for their mower.
Even the engine section is better than the engine makers manual .