2 stage brand recommendations?

charley95

Threads
Thinking of possibly buying a quality brand 2 stage. I have a MTD model 319-550 2 stage 5hp. Tecumseh 24 inch that I bought new in 1990. It has been very reliable through the years but starting to nickel and dime me. It's just starting to use a little oil and thought about maybe replacing the engine might be the way to go. Now I'm not sure I want to spend several hundred on a blower that I paid $500 for back in 1990. Any recommendations would be great! I'm hoping to stay in the $1000 range. I would also like something that I could still get parts for 20 years from now. I'm sure that MTD quality is not what it was back in 1990. Are the Toro's worth a look at?

Thanks for any input!

Threads
Yes, Toro makes great snowblowers. The 3 best snowblower brands are Ariens, Honda, and Toro. Not cheap, but worth it.

Kiss4aFrog

Threads
Check out this thread. You need to make sure whatever it is you buy that you can get parts and someone in your area provides service for things you might not be able to do or should be covered under warranty. One guy bought a cheap blower with a long warranty only to find out no one in his area works on them and he would be responsible for shipping it to get anything fixed !!

36 inch Stanley already BROKEN :( - Page 2 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums