1997 Dixon Zero Turn Mower - Clutch Replacement or adjustment

jimcahoe

Threads
  • / 1997 Dixon Zero Turn Mower - Clutch Replacement or adjustment
I have an opportunity to buy a 1997 Dixon Zero Turn mower that either needs the clutch adjusted or replaced. What am I getting into? How difficult would either of these be to do?

i

paw paw smurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1998 dixon model 3303 mower, you don't say the model #, but they are basically the same.

That being said, the mower has NO clutch.. It is a cone drive system..

They are a challenge to work on. If the mower is having moving problems then you can replace the cones. You need to be mechanically inclined, but it can be done.

If you check out e-bay and type in dixon cones i beleive you can get a set of cones and adjustment tools for about $110.. You would need to remove the transmission to do this..

My choice was to buy a new transmission, found it here on e-bay for $370, but saying that they are few and far between, i just saw one go on ebay for $700, and if you buy from a dixon dealer your looking at $1000..

If you want to get an idea, type dixon transaxle in the e-bay search.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more concerns ..

By the way, i love my dixon mower, thats why i decided to fix it instead of buying new. and it did last me almost 15 years before i had to change it.

jimcahoe

Threads
Turns out it is a d-ztr4424. Does anyone know if this has a clutch type transmission?

paw paw smurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same thing.. Cone Drive, just a different type of Cone drive..

NO clutch...