1996 John Deere 345 stalled and won't start again

Edwojo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1996 JD 345 with the Kawasaki engine. Here's how my problems started: I started it and began to back it out of my garage then it stopped and I couldn't start it again. I have read a few different forums and here is what I have done to try and resolve my problem. 1.) I have replaced the fuel pump with a new one from John Deere. 2.) I have checked the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the fuel pump and they are clear. 3.) I have replaced the fuel filter 4.) I have replaced the spark plugs with new ones(by the way they have spark, I verified it with a spark tester from O'Reillys auto parts) 4.) I have replaced the tube/elbow/fitting that goes down into the fuel tank. The fuel tank is full of gas.

The battery is charged, the engine turns over but it still won't start. Also there is no fuel going to the fuel pump from the fuel tank.

Can someone please help me?

Sheriff1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same problems you had and am getting my ass handed to me. Did you get yours fixed? If so what did you end up having to do? Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That thread is near 2 years old with no further posts .
Ed has probably left the forum
So if you want help start a new thread complete with your mower make , model, year engine make model & year

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Should have the Kawasaki FD611V engine. Pull one of the rocker covers and check for valve rocker movement. Early versions of these engines had a plastic camshaft that tend to fail. The replacement camshafts are all metal. I currently got one head to the scrape yard for this very reason as the customer has refused to put in the money that takes to get all the repairs needed done. These 345s are nearly 20 yrs old. They are still good mowers if well maintained.

Now if there is no fuel coming from the fuel tank then it is possible the plastic fuel pick up tube is broken off.