Export thread

1965 huffy broadlawn

M

mkieffer

Hi I am new to the forum so I don't no if I am posting this in the right place or not. I have a 1965 huffy broad lawn lawn mower that I am restoring. It was to nice to let it go any further. I am trying to get a new dash decal made but there is a line on the bottom of the decal that I can not read the first part of. It is the line with the patent numbers in it. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mike

M

mkieffer

here is a photo to help explain what I am talking about

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10086&stc=1&d=1354722230

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

WELCOME TO LMF!
Since it doesn't look like the company is around anymore, I think the only way to see what it says is to find someone with the same mower. Maybe some of the old mower collectors on here have one.
Good luck! :smile:

midnite rider

midnite rider

Hi I am new to the forum so I don't no if I am posting this in the right place or not. I have a 1965 huffy broad lawn lawn mower that I am restoring. It was to nice to let it go any further. I am trying to get a new dash decal made but there is a line on the bottom of the decal that I can not read the first part of. It is the line with the patent numbers in it. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mike

I am guessing that it said
This product made under one or more of the following ..... :confused3:

M

mkieffer

This product made under one or more of the following *..... :confused3

I am guessing that this makes sense. thanks for the reply.

midnite rider

midnite rider

This product made under one or more of the following *..... :confused3

I am guessing that this makes sense. thanks for the reply.

Your Welcome and that is the way I have seen it worded most often. Welcome to the forum as there is a lot of knowledge here for the asking. Let us know how your restoration goes and if we can be of any more help please ask. :smile:

J

jb4249

Maybe this will help. This is a dash from my 1965 Huffy Broadlawn.
Thanks, Ted

Attachments

M

mkieffer

Ted

Thanks for the reply that looks just like the one I have. The restore is coming well it is mostly in primer and I have bought the original paint colors. or I should say had it matched to the best of there ability. I have a the decals all drawn up in solidworks and the look just like the the factory decals. I was hopping to have it further along than it is by now but life got in the way.

Thanks again for the reply

Mike

W

wcbjr2002

You know that I would just paint it to look like the wooden color and let it go. Mine is scratch off also. If you are interest in selling it I would like to make an offer

W

wcbjr2002

You know that I would just paint it to look like the wooden color and let it go. Mine is scratch off also. If you are interest in selling it I would like to make an offer

Want to sell let me know

M

mkieffer

Want to sell let me know

I am not interested in selling it at this time I will hopefully get some time to get back to work on it soon. If I change my mind I will let you know.

Thanks
Mike

T

taglauer

this is a pic of my from pics that ive seen 1965 huffy broadlawn it has a 7hp briggs in it. I bought it set up for racing an it will do all of the 30mph the guy said it will do. Ive been looking for decals too just so people know what it is.

Attachments

D

Dravin'sdad

unsure on the year but i have a broadlawn 5/25
my plan for decals is to have them printed locally at a sign shop if that helps (email them an image with measurements and they print the vinal)
find a good sign shop that does vehical wraps for advertising and you can have new stickers cheaper than ebay