13AN689G766 QUESTION

kmart88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its a 2004 troy bilt pony 13AN689G766. it was missing quite a few things. i ended up getting everything back together with the issue of a short somewhere still and then they mentioned they adjusted the ferrules, im having a hard time getting everything to sync back up. is there a base number of turns for these to be factory set. there are no old markings to tell me where they were all at so im guessing blindly
thanks
kyle

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
K
I and othere would love to help you but your post makes absolutely no sense
So sit down and have a think and describe the problem you are having in detail

kmart88

Forum Newbie
Threads
the adjusment ferrules that make every lever sync up.the manual throttle speed ferrule the deck adjustment ferrule and i believe the clutch engage brake were all adjusted. the ferrule is the tiny little cylinderical adjustment on the rods

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK
Get some one to hold the brake down and feel the slackness in the front belt
Then put the speed controller in the brake position, let the brake pedal off and adjust the nut to get roughly the same slackness in the front belt
Don't over do it because that will prevent the pedal from going all the way up when you are in the top speed position.
The speed controler simply limits the distance the brake pedal can come up when you let yout foot off it
The further up it goes the more tension the front belt gets
The more tension on the front belt the higher it pushes the variable pulley slider & the faster the mower goes.
In thery it should be adjusted regularly to compensate for belt wear but it seldome is unless the mower will not drive in the lowest or highest setting