112 J deere-tractor/steering /parts repair question

bsa_bob

Member
DO YOU KNOW OF a place ican turn to that would be able to help me with a wobbling steering box I might be able to repair it myself ,.or should i have it repaired i Prefer the latterI am in michigan near the bottom borderline please share with me where or what parts or deere dealer repair I can't really afford the latter here thank you ahead of time :thumbsup: bob s
 
:smile: Need more info, explain wobling steering box. Those steering boxes are made by Ross and very repairable, all the parts still available.
 
Need more info, explain wobling steering box. Those steering boxes are made by Ross and very repairable, all the parts still available.

The box pinion shaft is wobbling just enough ..where as............ I have to steer it all the time.I was told to try adjusting the "adjustment nut"and see if it helped. The lawnmower repair, down the street, 1/4 mile says he has a box and column for my 112. Should this be an Expensive purchase if not any idea what one should give for it...thats if its not as bad as my own, Where would i order parts [internal] for my own steering box.?????????? thank you much for your reply

bob s
 
You could try looking up the parts on the John Deere parts site. If nothing else, you get the part numbers to ease your search.
 
Back
Top