10525 operation question

ross93

Threads
im lookin for a mower to replace my 10234. theres a 10525 mower local. its got the same engine so I know about that, but the self propel is different.
its got speeds I think?
does the self propel have a higher top speed?
does the self propel have enough power to pull you up hills like the 10234?
its for 165 local. hopefully with your guys input I can pick it up tomorrow!

Fireman 123

Threads
It has a 3 speed trans. I find that 2nd gear is close to the 1 speed silver series. They pull hills just fine as long as you have decent tread on the rear wheels. I may use 1st gear in heavy grass, but never 3rd as you almost have to jog with the mower. That's too much like work!

monte79

Forum Newbie
Threads
im lookin for a mower to replace my 10234. theres a 10525 mower local. its got the same engine so I know about that, but the self propel is different.
its got speeds I think?
does the self propel have a higher top speed?
does the self propel have enough power to pull you up hills like the 10234?
its for 165 local. hopefully with your guys input I can pick it up tomorrow!
The 10525 has a three speed tranny.it will pull up hills real well.also makes a great mulching mower as long as it has the fan on the blade.

ross93

Threads
great thanks for the fast replies! got another question.
is the self propel speed all or nothing or can you pull the lever a bit and it will go slow like the silver series?
the silver and the gold have the same engine I assume you can swap them?
anything else I should know good or bad before buying?

Fireman 123

Threads
You won't need any slower pace than 1st gear I don't think. The silver series that I am familiar with have either the V series engine, or the Duraforce. I don't think either will bolt to a F series deck.

ross93

Threads
so I missed out on that mower. it sold less than 24 hours...and the next one that sold in 4 hours :confused2:

what is the weight on the 10525? I read somewhere it was 95?!? is that correct?