Mulching Problems. Cub Cadet LT1045

Corey1045

Forum Newbie
Threads
My riding mower leaves a trail of grass clippings on the right side where my discharge is located. I have my discharge door blocked with the "mulching plug" I have cleaned the under side of the deck. I have sharpened the blades. I then replaced the blades with factory multi purpose mulch/cutting blades. I have checked the air pressure on the tires. And I do not cut my grass too short or let it get too long asking the mower to cut more than it should. My frustration meter is pegged. I feel my neighbor is snickering at me while he swings by me on his "Green and Yellow" tractor with a very clean lawn. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

The guy with the lines of grass in his yard.

P.S. I am too lazy to rake or bag. This is why I have a riding lawn mower.

gypsygirl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same problem and it drives me nuts. Have you solved the problem?

Corey1045

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gipsygirl,

I have not found any real solution. However, I have since lifted my deck up a notch from 4 to 5. This has helped greatly. It also helps the grass as a longer grass improves root growth and will tolerate more drought. However I like the feel and look of a shorter cut I am getting by with the longer style. Along with the fact I have the greenest looking yard in the neighborhood. Good luck and let me know if you come by any other ideas.