noob

active

Forum Newbie
Threads
new here to the site. been fixing motors for years but this time i have one thats got me puzzled.
kohler 22cv - pour gas in the carb it runs then dies pour gas again no start. new starter flywheel and stator. its on a scag zero turn. i think the motor is beat and needs a rebuild. thinking no crankcase vacuum to run the fuel pump. one plug fouls out so that may be the carb or the cyl. not firing. when it was running it would get into high grass and really bog down and seemed to take the governor a bit to catch up. so im going to have a look around to see if any others had an issue like this.
also looking for the best place on line for pricing to buy kohler parts from.

well off to my search so far looks like an great forum
chris

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: Looks like your on the right path with that engine

active

Forum Newbie
Threads
hummmm 160 psi compression in right cyl. 30 psi compression in left cyl.
time to remove motor tear off heads and see if i lost a seat or something. new plug came out black and fouled bad. basicly i guess i was running on one cyl. well aint this a pain in the ***. worst part is i know the model number but i have no spec or serial number to order parts with, the tag is gone. all i know is cv225 and i have a number 67523.
update later as to the extent of the damage but i suspect a stuck oil ring or head problem.
to rebuild or short block is the question. or find a mower graveyard in north east pa to source parts for a rebuild.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the forum. Let us know what else you find so we may be of help. :smile:

active

Forum Newbie
Threads
burnt exhaust valve. easy fix i do believe. motor is tight and in good shape so im not going to mess with the one side i'll just replace the valve lap it in and all new gaskets and hopefully be running in a few days. im still going to hang out here i kind of miss working on the small engines it was fun and relaxing.
maybe with all the extra motors here i'll build something cool or sell them and get something 4wd to skid logs with who knows.

okiepc

Threads
Glad it worked out & won't cost too much:thumbsup:

active

Forum Newbie
Threads
trying to find the parts all in one place to have by the weekend is proving to be tougher then taking the motor out and apart

i figure less then 75 bucks to fix is a win win in my book