Need help with John Deere ZTR questions...

maxxpower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm hoping I can get some help from some experienced people.

My delemia is that I want a new lawn mower and I don't know what would the best for me. Currently I have a good ol 455 that I have had since new and it has been a great machine! Up untill this year it has been solely used for mowing, but I have just added a 47" snowblower and a Cozy Cab. So now I'm thinking rather than switch back and forth mower to snowblower it may be time to buy a new mower. Especially if I can upgrade my cut and eliminate the tracks I currently leave.

My questions are...

- Will a ZTR leave a better cut than my AWS 455? (flatter, better strips)
- I've read a few places about "tearing" lawns and find my 455 seems to leave tracks around flower beds. Will a ZTR help me eliminate these tracks?
- I've narrowed my choice down to 2 models... the Z920 with 26hp Kawasaki or the Z925a EFI with Kohler. I know the EFI will be more efficent but sound levels are important to me. Which one is quieter, and is it a significant difference?
- I think I want a 54" deck with a mulch kit vs. the 54" MOD deck as I understand people complain about the MOD deck leaving wind rows. Does this make sense as I only mulch and will never use a side chute?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

xp14629

Threads
First, any tight turn on top of grass with a tire will tear it up. If you take the time to learn and practice driving around obstacles with out skidding the tires, you will love a ztr. The efi kohler seems to be slightly quieter. The only reason the MOD should leave windrows is if the operator is not operating the machine properly. To properly mulch, you need to be cutting less than 1" off at a time. This is different depending on what type of grass. Full throttle, medium to low ground speed, and proper deck height. You should have no problems.

tuxmen10987

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a Z Trac and the main fuse keeps blowing, can you help?