Powerlift troubles

David2110

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know they have them I have one on the second 725 I own I just haven't found a price yet when I do I will post the price and part number for you.

thehemikid

Threads
David ,any chance getting a look at what that manual lift looks like? I was'nt aware GH had one and wonder if I could get one for my older model 928...russ

...This Video Library has a menu where the 2nd listing down has "Power Fold Electric Deck Lift". Clicking on that brings up a thumbnail to the right click on that & the latter half of the video shows the 33 & 34 series decks being manual lifts, & shows the Lift Assist bar also. Hope the link works.

Video Library

173abn

Threads
thanks thehemikid,do'nt believe mine has that feature ,wish it did.I bought an elec. hoist a while back and will play around with it this winter to figure out an easy way to clean under the deck.I usually run it up on one ramp and lay down to clean it but am not crazy about doing it that way....russ

thehemikid

Threads
thanks thehemikid,do'nt believe mine has that feature ,wish it did.I bought an elec. hoist a while back and will play around with it this winter to figure out an easy way to clean under the deck.I usually run it up on one ramp and lay down to clean it but am not crazy about doing it that way....russ

...Mine don't ether. I have the older 9561 deck, & I use 2 chain falls, 1 is for a safety. I just hook it on the bracket at the wide anti-scalp wheel at the front & lift it as high as the "Foot Deck" will allow. :smile:

173abn

Threads
mine is a 9661,so when you say you lift it as high as the foot deck allows I presume with the foot deck in the up position?I've never tried to lift the deck up still attached to the tractor so are you saying it will tilt up high enough to clean under the deck?...russ

thehemikid

Threads
mine is a 9661,so when you say you lift it as high as the foot deck allows I presume with the foot deck in the up position?I've never tried to lift the deck up still attached to the tractor so are you saying it will tilt up high enough to clean under the deck?...russ

...Yes, with the foot deck in the up position.

...Yep,...high enough for me anyway. It doesn't tilt up quite as far as those newer decks, but higher than I expected. I'd hate to have it fall down on me, that thing weigh's enough to hurt a fellow. That's why I use 2 chain falls, one for a back-up safety.

...I haven't even taken the blades off yet to sharpen them, I sharpen them while they're still in place. I just rotate the blade that I'm working on to the ~1-2 O'clock position & then grind it there, throwing the sparks away & upwards towards the bottom side of the deck. I flip the grinder over, then use the top side off the wheel (lightly) at a point ~180* from the typical spot on a grinding wheel.

Last edited:

thehemikid

Threads

...I just stopped too realize we're high-jackers! :ashamed: I hope they don't hang for that! :laughing:

...Are you sure yours is a 9661 & not a 9861. I looked on the Mower Shops site & they didn't show a 9661, but they did show a 9861. The 98 shows (looks to me like) another pivot point (at part # 40 & 41 area) that mine doesn't have, ...mine is a 1 pc weldment "Lift Arm" If so a 98 deck should tilt up farther, I would think. I'll add pic's in a minute.

..Minute...

...Note: Just realized that the extra pivot arm deal is probable the 33-34 series deck "Lift Arm".:ashamed:

Attachments

• 9861.PNG
    9861.PNG
    256.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 9561.PNG
    9561.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

tgrife

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need a powerfold actuator. Ours is shot. $625 really.......would like a used one or one more reasonably priced. where can I find one? thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF....

If you watch eBay you can come up with some great deals... :smile:KennyV

1mstrb

Threads
I was reading your troubles, Here are some grasshopper #s 180035 new for $530.00 also a reman one grasshopper # 180036 for $ 315.00 I have bought a reman I have very good luck with it I have 3 seasons on it no problems I can get them both at grones in Grand Island or Friesens in sutton