Carb Issues

Wing Nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murry. Briggs and Straton engine. Seems every year or so I end up having to run at half choke. This is even after replacing air filter and cleaning/oiling outside sponge that goes around air cleaner. What is going on and what am I doing wrong?? Thanks! :confused:

Threads
Just a guess but you may have a dirty carburetor. You have two options. Clean it yourself or take to a repair facility which will bend you over.

Go to Youtube and punch in lawn mower carburetor cleaning to see how to do it. It isn't hard and could be a real confidence builder.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Wing Nut & WELCOME to LMF....

Follow this link: Small Engine Equipment Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety

Scroll down and on the left side under Briggs & Stratton when you see your carburator open that page and it will give you a lot of help in how to clean your carb.. plenty of pictures and how to put everything back together...

I also like youtube... if you don't think you can follow the how to... post back with what carb you have and I will find you a video to let you follow through...
:smile:KennyV

Wing Nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, so just spraying inside and out with cleaner won't help?

Wing Nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Wing Nut & WELCOME to LMF....

Follow this link: Small Engine Equipment Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety

Scroll down and on the left side under Briggs & Stratton when you see your carburator open that page and it will give you a lot of help in how to clean your carb.. plenty of pictures and how to put everything back together...

I also like youtube... if you don't think you can follow the how to... post back with what carb you have and I will find you a video to let you follow through...
:smile:KennyV

Will try and get the info is there a serial number?

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
I get these in the shop all the time . Half choke you have water ethanol damage to the carb . Get the 20.00 rebuild kit - only takes a few minutes to take apart and rebuild . Take photos or iPhone video if needed.
Then use a fuel shut off on the fuel line . Run the carb empty after each use . Use fuel stabyl too . Fill the tank with just enough gasoline for each cutting time. Gas goes bad way to fast to have waste 8.00 in a mower tank.
Easy $200.00 repair from the shop plus pickup and delivery .

Wing Nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update to this. My mower repair shop told me the 'secret' to cleaning. Stuff called "Sea Foam" Just a few ounces!!!!! Avail at most china auto parts stores. But my idle still was sporadic, my neighbor and I was fiddling around and after cleaning carbon off the plugs, all was well! I would have never guessed! Only other issue is when the mower gets hot and I shut it off for a people break, it will not start till the next day after cooling off. The adventures never end! And pushing back to the garage kinda sucks. Any ideas? Plugs getting fouled again?