engine turns off when I ease off petal

451johnny

Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH 20-42 that I have to depress the petal in order to start it but once I ease off the petal it starts to shut off and with the mower disengaged and me sitting on it it still starts to shut down...i'll appreciate any help thanks.. Johnny

Luffydog

Threads
So you have to keep the pedal pushed down or it dies or does it die no matter if pushed or not. If it continues to run but have to keep the pedal pushed down check the seat safety switch or bad pedal switch but likely the seat and check the ground.

451johnny

Threads
So you have to keep the pedal pushed down or it dies or does it die no matter if pushed or not. If it continues to run but have to keep the pedal pushed down check the seat safety switch or bad pedal switch but likely the seat and check the ground.

yeah it keeps running as long as the petal is held down ( depresses ) ok I'll be checking out those things and I'll get back to you tomorrow thanks so much...Johnny

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
X2 on the safety switches.
One way I do them, if possible I run a loop in the wire that goes to the switch, just "jump" from + to - on the wire. And if it starts while doing that, I know it's a switch

451johnny

Threads
One way I do them, if possible I run a loop in the wire that goes to the switch, just "jump" from + to - on the wire. And if it starts while doing that, I know it's a switch

thanks buddy i'll be checking that way tomorrow too...johnny

451johnny

Threads

it did have something to do with the seat switch..I was able to get another seat with a good switch now it doesn't turn off when I release the petal'''thanks so much ...johnny

451johnny

Threads

I was able to get another seat that had a good switch so now I don't have that problem anymore...thanks for your help...johnny

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Good news! Glad you got it figured out.
:thumbsup: