Kohler Command 20 Flooding

abip43

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Kohler CH20-64631 Command 20 Horizontal Shaft motor on an "unknown" (was repainted and has no info) Cub Cadet Tractor. It starts fine, runs like it gets too much fuel then shuts off. It won't restart for about an hour. Just seems likes its flooding out. Plugs are black with some buildup. Has a new Kohler fuel filter, and two new plugs.

MowLife

Threads
Sounds like a carb rebuild is needed.

abip43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking a rebuild, wasn't too sure if there was really anything else it could be.

Ckn087

Threads
Also check and make sure air filter is clean. And check coil as well. I use testers for this but u can ground the threads of plug to block. Just dont have your hand near spark plug wire or flywheel :D

Ckn087

Threads
Carb may have an adjustment knob and also you could check for a plugged breather. That's about all I can think of other than blockages in carb like he mentioned.

abip43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replys! So I ended up soaking the carb in an ultrasonic cleaner for 2 cycles, adjusted it and she runs like brand new! If it acts up again I think it will end up being a rebuild

Ckn087

Threads
Anytime! Glad you got it fixed.