Blades start up when deck is lifted

godsey1

Threads
Hi all. I have an old D125 that I bought new in 2007. The deck a big enough hole in it now that it was affecting the grass discharge. I bought a new deck and put it on, adjusted it best I can. I measured the blade height, it looks like it is 2" when the leaver in in the 2 slot. The problem I have is that when the mower is running and the blades turned off, then just raise the deck all the way up, the blades start up. What would cause this?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has a cable controlled PTO check that the cable is not catching on something when you raise the deck.
If it has the rod controlled PTO, same story get some one to sit on the mower and raise the deck while you watch t see what is tightening when you lift the deck.

godsey1

Threads
Thanks for the reply. I'll check the cable and see if it is catching on something. ?

godsey1

Threads
I looked and the cable is not hitting anything. I though that useing it for a bit might stretch the belt, but it still comes on when it gets raised up.

D

Deleted member 97405

I looked and the cable is not hitting anything. I though that useing it for a bit might stretch the belt, but it still comes on when it gets raised up.

I work at a Deere dealership. Did you buy a complete deck already assembled or did you buy a new shell and swap components? Can you attach any detailed pics of the deck lowered and raised? Maybe a visual will help us diagnose. Thanks!

godsey1

Threads
I'll get pictures this evening. Thanks for your time. It is complete. Off Ebay.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you lift the deck does it rise strait up or go backwards ?

godsey1

Threads
I'm not sure. I will try to get pictures of it tomorrow and post. Just dont have time today. Thanks for the help.

godsey1

Threads
It seems like it lifts straight up.