Hydro Adjustment - Timecutter MX4200 - side to side drives not even

27 Words

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hydro Adjustment - Timecutter MX4200 - side to side drives not even
Hello,

Recently purchased a nearly new Toro Timecutter MX4200. The left/right drives do not appear to be adjusted evenly. One side is further ahead than the other and handles are not aligned when moving flat / level.

I see there's adjustments on the linkages for each side. However, is there a preferred way to go about this? In terms of which side to adjust? Other factors involved, like ensuring neutral position is neutral, etc?

Any tips / pointers would be appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually you adjust both to get a balance.
all Toro workshop manuals are on the Toro web site .

You can never get the lap bars even on mowers with indiividual pumps.
On the older ones with a single pump that feeds both motors you can get them balanced but again it is not easy to do and will vary as the temperature of the motors changes.

Usually the left side drives on Toros gets a lot dirtier than the right so it gets hotter, the oil thins more & the drive looses power.
If you search through the archives you will see that it is usually the left drive that fails first.

27 Words

Forum Newbie
Threads
Usually you adjust both to get a balance.
all Toro workshop manuals are on the Toro web site .

You can never get the lap bars even on mowers with indiividual pumps.
On the older ones with a single pump that feeds both motors you can get them balanced but again it is not easy to do and will vary as the temperature of the motors changes.

Usually the left side drives on Toros gets a lot dirtier than the right so it gets hotter, the oil thins more & the drive looses power.
If you search through the archives you will see that it is usually the left drive that fails first.

Thanks for the response... good info to know. I've been blowing all the grass off the mower after use. I'll keep an eye on the drives to help keep them clean for cooling.