Engine Head lights wont turn off after installing 19HP Intek Engine

nickd76

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Head lights wont turn off after installing 19HP Intek Engine
Craftsman LT 2000 Mower Head Lights wont turn off after install of 19hp Intek replacement engine.

The install of new engine went perfect and fired right up but had to take bulbs out because the second I connect ignition harness to switch even with key in off position, the bulb light up. It didn't do this with the blown engine.

The plug on ignition harness from new engine to switch look identical.

Thanks again

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Craftsman LT 2000 Mower Head Lights wont turn off after install of 19hp Intek replacement engine.

The install of new engine went perfect and fired right up but had to take bulbs out because the second I connect ignition harness to switch even with key in off position, the bulb light up. It didn't do this with the blown engine.

The plug on ignition harness from new engine to switch look identical.

Thanks again

Need a photo of the alternator plugs & wires from both engines
Some run AC directly off the alternator but if wired up to a latter battery lights system they will be getting battery voltage all of the time.

But we need to see the shape & colours of the plugs & the wires that go into them.

Cusser

Threads
Would you ever have a need to actually use the headlights? I've never had need (I have a 2005 LT1000 model).

I just looked at my LT1000 model and I have the harness disconnected to the headlights these days (at the engine lid, when raised). Can you do this?