Fuel JD D170 - Photo needed of Throttle Linkage

Isschade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning, Folks,

I have a JD D170 … This mower has been a nightmare (Christine) since we bought it in May of 2014. The repairs to this even choked the John Deere rep. when I called the other day. She was stunned at the list. Besides having to buy a THIRD set of spindles for it but right now the throttle linkage has gone askew somehow because it's running wide open. We've looked at it and figure a spring has sprung/broken/disappeared.. but I haven't been able to find a good BEFORE picture or complete diagram of how it's SUPPOSED to look to compare it to what it looks like now. I find tons of images but none for the D170. Mine has a Briggs engine.

I called the JD dealer and they said "bring it in and we'll look at it"... so short of hooking up a trailer and hauling it 40 miles (one way) to have them look at it and replace a $3.00 spring, I'm at a loss. I am a senior and my husband recently had a stroke (in January) and is now recovering, but he can't help me load the trailer, load the mower and then drive the 40 miles.

Yes I am motor savvy and I have a local kid that can help fix it but I need to know what to buy first.

Can anyone please send me a picture of a throttle linkage picture for a D170 that is the way it's SUPPOSED to be ? I sure would appreciate it. I took some good pictures of my broken linkage to compare to an intact linkage.

Thanks in advance for any help...