Local Deere Dealer offer on a new Z540R is Full Deere MSRP Is this common?

KLShearer

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Local Deere Dealer offer on a new Z540R is Full Deere MSRP Is this common?
I am looking to upgrade my Ztrac Z255 to a Z540R for a little heavier frame and larger wheels etc. Local dealer who I bought my Z255 and a 1023e a few years back quoted me $5499 which is the Full MSRP listed on the Deere Web Site Plus Freight plus packing. Only offering $500.00 on my Z255.

What have others seen ? Is quoting the full MSRP common for Deere Lawn Dealers ? I feel that $500.00 on my trade is pretty darn low. The Z255 was $3600 in 2012 and this machine has only 250 hours.

If this is a good deal, I will pull the trigger.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well Google is sure worthless these days. I did a search to see how the 255 is regarded and what problems they have, about 100 sites selling them, no real info. But the 255 looks to be the big box store machine and the actual Deere dealer probably wouldn't want to handle it used. I'd put it on Craig's list or FB Marketplace for $1000 or so. The 540 seems to be only available at the dealers? Price is not out of line compared to the 535s listed in all the other stores.

KLShearer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well Google is sure worthless these days. I did a search to see how the 255 is regarded and what problems they have, about 100 sites selling them, no real info. But the 255 looks to be the big box store machine and the actual Deere dealer probably wouldn't want to handle it used. I'd put it on Craig's list or FB Marketplace for $1000 or so. The 540 seems to be only available at the dealers? Price is not out of line compared to the 535s listed in all the other stores.

Tom, Thanks for the research and feedback. My Current Z255 was purchased and always serviced by this same dealership. They checked in on my this week and I let them know I was disappointed in the trade they offered. Salesman said he made a mistake in adding freight and shipping container charges. Still Unsure.