STRIPING WITH YTS-3000

michigan jason

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am learning how to stripe the "HARD WAY" with my YTS-3000, Is there an easier way to achieve the look of a golf course with this mower?

What I am currently doing is cutting on level 6, and once done turning blades off and going over the same pattern on level 2 and simply pushing the grass down. Is this good or is there a smarter way to get the job done?

thanks guys, I am new.

Jason

webuyanymower.com

Threads
If you want to achieve the perfect golf course you will need to put a roller behind your mower and plan your route around the grass start buy mowing the headland (all around the edge of the area) to give yourself a cut area to turn around on and then mow in straight lines from one side to the other using the area you have already cut to turn around on. When you have covered the area drive around the headland again to take out any tire marks.

If you cut from North to South one week cut at 45 degrees the next week and another 45 degrees the next time. If you cut in the same direction every time you will very quickly end up with tram lines on the surface.

You will need to aerate the lawn every year as rolling to achieve a quality stripe will cause soil compaction.

Good luck remember practice makes perfect.

michigan jason

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you want to achieve the perfect golf course you will need to put a roller behind your mower and plan your route around the grass start buy mowing the headland (all around the edge of the area) to give yourself a cut area to turn around on and then mow in straight lines from one side to the other using the area you have already cut to turn around on. When you have covered the area drive around the headland again to take out any tire marks.

If you cut from North to South one week cut at 45 degrees the next week and another 45 degrees the next time. If you cut in the same direction every time you will very quickly end up with tram lines on the surface.

You will need to aerate the lawn every year as rolling to achieve a quality stripe will cause soil compaction.

Good luck remember practice makes perfect.

I have a yts-3000 and cannot for the life of me find a roller kit or anything like that so i have been turning blades off and lowering deck to level 2 after cutting and simply going over the freshly cut grass.

Now, I just now got the wifes approval to spend $5,000 on a REAL mower...can I achieve what I want with the yts-3000 or should I go buy a 0turn monster?

poncho62

Threads
Is having that striped look worth 5 grand?.......

michigan jason

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is having that striped look worth 5 grand?.......

In a word, YES...

I didnt mention that my yts-3000 is still under warranty and I hope to get 800-1k for it, that will go towards the new mower, also I am a lawn nazi and absolutely obsessed with my grass and want to be the one on the street that everyone says, "look at that guys grass!" LOL

I have 2 acres and the lawn tractor is sluggish handling it, I want a better cut and some sick looking stripes...

PS, I have the money to spend.

webuyanymower.com

Threads
Hi
On the back of your tractor is a towing plate MTD make a complete set of attachments that will fit.
A zero turn machine will be quicker but how are you going to get stripes? You will need to pull a roller behind the machine and so then you will not be able to use it as a zero turn??
For the money I would buy a larger Garden Tractor with a good collector have a look at Countax they do a large machine with a collector that has a roller on the bottom so you will get collection and stripes and speed out of one machine.

Parkmower

Threads
Look at a zt wit a striping attachment. I know JD has them. It's a small diameter roller that mounts on the back of the deck. They use them on the baseball fields here.
And if yr a self proclaimed grass Nazi buy a zt. They're awesome

benski

Threads
Simplicity also makes some fantastic mowers with proven striping capability.:biggrin:

LandN

Threads
I Made my own roller for my 22" mower and it worked very well...pvc pipe,2 end caps,brackets,sand,put it all together and poof, nice stripes... but my best stripes were laid down by way of a walk behind lawn sweeper with adjustable brushes. By doing stripes with a lawn sweeper i ended up with a better looking groomed(or combed) look,because i was picking up grasses,tiny twigs etc. and i could comb through the grass at any prefered downward pressure (adj. brushes) i want. plus i could pick up and set down the sweeper ANYWHERE i want, to achieve what i wanted.and you can sweep the stripes as many times as you want without firing up the mower. pull behind sweepers for larger yards also available.