Battery low power light comes on when mower deck activated

Ken Cole

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Battery low power light comes on when mower deck activated
Mower operates fine but battery power warning light comes on when pto activated. Light does not come on when traveling, just when blades activate? Battery near new and charged between uses.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get some one to measure the volt at the battery, engine running, then engine running with blades engaged.
If it drops below 13V then the alternator or rectifier requires attention.

cruzenmike

Threads
Mower operates fine but battery power warning light comes on when pto activated. Light does not come on when traveling, just when blades activate? Battery near new and charged between uses.

I had the same issue and it ended up being the rectifier. You will likely need to check the voltage going to the regulator fir to make sure that your alternator is working properly as well. Power off the alternator is in AC voltage and is usually around 30 volts if I remember correctly. A service manual for your engine will certainly give you all of the diagnostics you need to do before buying any parts but a simple AC/DC multi-meter will get you started on figuring out what is going on.

Ken Cole

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same issue and it ended up being the rectifier. You will likely need to check the voltage going to the regulator fir to make sure that your alternator is working properly as well. Power off the alternator is in AC voltage and is usually around 30 volts if I remember correctly. A service manual for your engine will certainly give you all of the diagnostics you need to do before buying any parts but a simple AC/DC multi-meter will get you started on figuring out what is going on.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

Ken Cole

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks!