Regent 16hp hydro stopped while driving. It has the 1721020 transmission.

wijim

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Regent 16hp hydro stopped while driving. It has the 1721020 transmission.
I just took my 2004 Simplicity Regent (1693915) out of the garage for the first time this year. After making two passes on the lawn, the tractor stopped moving. It acted like the bypass lever had poped out. I can either push the lever in or pull it out but the transmission won't engage. Everything looks to be conected. Now when I restart the motor and my foot off of the brake I heard something spining in the transfer case but there is no movement what so ever. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need to start by making sure the drive belt is still on the pulleys and is turning the input pulley on the transaxle. If it is turning then need to make sure that the pulley is turning the input shaft on the transaxle and hasn't stripped the splines on either the pulley or the input shaft. if that checks out then you will be going internal to repair what damage has occurred.

wijim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to start by making sure the drive belt is still on the pulleys and is turning the input pulley on the transaxle. If it is turning then need to make sure that the pulley is turning the input shaft on the transaxle and hasn't stripped the splines on either the pulley or the input shaft. if that checks out then you will be going internal to repair what damage has occurred.

Good thought. I know that the belt is on for sure. If the teeth are bad in the pulley it would explain the sound that I am hearing when I put power to the transmission.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you check to make sure that the belt tensioner pulleys are still good? A bad pulley can also cause your problem.

wijim

Forum Newbie
Threads

Well you were correct on your diagnosis ILENGINE. The pulley is spinning on the shaft. I'm hoping that the manufacture made the shaft harder then the pulley but until I get it apart I will not know for sure. So, my next question is how do I split the transaxle from the body. I can't find any videos or service manuals online for this tractor. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: