Buying Choice Narrowed Down to these two

chicody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All

New to the forum but have lurked around and read quite a bit. In the market for new ZTR and after numerous visits to dealers and research I am down to two choices. I am 90% sure I have this down to these two but that 10% devil keeps rearing its ugly head. The choices are:
Gravely ZT HD 48 with Kawasaki FR691 V-Twin, 25HP and HG ZT-3100 transaxles vs. Toro Titan HD 1500 series (74453) 48 inch deck with Toro V-Twin 24.5 HP (708CC) engine with HG ZT-2800 transaxles. I've made best deal I could with each dealer and the Toro not surprisingly is a few hundred more. I have had Toro equipment previously but not ZTR and have always had great experience. Both decks are fabricated 10ga and 7/10 ga steel respectively.

I honestly don't think I can go wrong either way. My heart lies with the Toro (many yrs of good service) but I really would rather see the ZT-3100 hydraulics package on the Toro as opposed to the slightly less beefier gears in the ZT-2800, but that may or may not be a significant issue as I am not using commercially, only mowing my yard at just under .75 acre and occasionally mowing my parent's property at the same .75 acre and the in-laws at .4 acres. I do like the ROPS included on the Toro, whereas the Gravely is and added cost to install. Also, the ride of the Toro is a little more softer than the Gravely. So I am back and forth between the two.. I guess just toss a coin. Any thoughts or p[oints I am not considering, please let me know. Thanks.

cruzenmike

Threads
Hi All

New to the forum but have lurked around and read quite a bit. In the market for new ZTR and after numerous visits to dealers and research I am down to two choices. I am 90% sure I have this down to these two but that 10% devil keeps rearing its ugly head. The choices are:
Gravely ZT HD 48 with Kawasaki FR691 V-Twin, 25HP and HG ZT-3100 transaxles vs. Toro Titan HD 1500 series (74453) 48 inch deck with Toro V-Twin 24.5 HP (708CC) engine with HG ZT-2800 transaxles. I've made best deal I could with each dealer and the Toro not surprisingly is a few hundred more. I have had Toro equipment previously but not ZTR and have always had great experience. Both decks are fabricated 10ga and 7/10 ga steel respectively.

I honestly don't think I can go wrong either way. My heart lies with the Toro (many yrs of good service) but I really would rather see the ZT-3100 hydraulics package on the Toro as opposed to the slightly less beefier gears in the ZT-2800, but that may or may not be a significant issue as I am not using commercially, only mowing my yard at just under .75 acre and occasionally mowing my parent's property at the same .75 acre and the in-laws at .4 acres. I do like the ROPS included on the Toro, whereas the Gravely is and added cost to install. Also, the ride of the Toro is a little more softer than the Gravely. So I am back and forth between the two.. I guess just toss a coin. Any thoughts or p[oints I am not considering, please let me know. Thanks.

Toro Time Cutter HD in 54" deck. Yes, it has the Toro branded engine which is essentially the same as the one used in the Exmark Radius E series of mowers, but you get the heavy duty fabricated deck, 3100's, wide tires, premium seat and all for about $5500.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Toro has a Kawasaki. I hear the Toro branded engines are pretty good. I guess I have a problem with them being made in china. (But that's me)..

Which Dealer is closer & better to you, that is important as well.

chicody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to al. I went with the Gravely. So far I’m please. One mow in the books and really cut my time dramatically and saving my ankles. Happy happy.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: Cool, enjoy your new machine..