Intek won't turn over ( Starter??)

backporch

Threads
Thanks fish.

I won't try to take the PTO apart. I will set the clearances with the adjustment screws and put it back together. may not get a chance to test it until I am back next week.

I will also make sure the seat harness connector is connected when I go out for the next test ride.

backporch

Threads
mower seems to be working well now.

The smoke that I thought might be the PTO was oil burning off the muffler.

I did adjust the PTO and reinstall. I tested prior to install and it activated and did not scrape at all on the stationary part of the PTO.

I don't really know what the root cause of the mower not cranking was. It just seemed to all of a sudden start working better. If I had more faith in the mower I may have been able to avoid all of the troubleshooting by just buying and installing a new battery.

backporch

Threads
mower seems to be working well now.

The smoke that I thought might be the PTO was oil burning off the muffler.

I did adjust the PTO and reinstall. I tested prior to install and it activated and did not scrape at all on the stationary part of the PTO.

I don't really know what the root cause of the mower not cranking was. It just seemed to all of a sudden start working better. If I had more faith in the mower I may have been able to avoid all of the troubleshooting by just buying and installing a new battery.
Thought I would give an update on this. My mower still has cranking issues but has served me well since this post
The battery needs to be charged. Before starting but once I do that I typically get a full rotation and maybe another full rotation each time getting hung up on the compression. The next turn might get it to start cranking several rotations and then fire up and run. This is at 70 degrees or better. I don’t expect it will ever start in cooler weather

Looking back at this I realize I have gone 5 seasons on that Walmart battery. Probably well overdue for a refresh