Mower
    Craftsman

Need Help Identifying Old Tecumseh Motor - Snapper 2140YP

Hi All,

I've recently gotten my hands on an old Snapper Mower (2140YP), and I'm looking to clean out and rebuild the carburetor. I've spent some time looking for the model number on this motor and can not find it for the life of me. I BELIEVE it should be somewhere on the shroud but i'm not seeing it there, neither the inside or outside. It almost looks like someone painted this shroud at some point, and i'm wondering if there was a sticker on here that was removed. I always thought these were stamped, but could be wrong. I've attached some pictures and could provide more if necessary. I'm hoping someone here may be familiar with this motor and know which model this was.

IMG_5675.jpgIMG_5681.jpg

Thanks,
    Mike

Mower
    kioti/rhino finish mower

Re: Need Help Identifying Old Tecumseh Motor - Snapper 2140YP

Those old engines were stamped. most likely location is above the spark plug. And somebody has painted the engine. Also there should be some numbers stamped into the carb body next to the mounting flange. those numbers can be crossed over to an actual carb part number to look up the repair kit.
    ILLINOIS ENGINE, BEECHER CITY, IL
    BRIGGS AND STRATTON MST (MASTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN)
    Sales and Service for Dolmar/Makita, Poulan, Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, Lauson(Tecumseh, LCT), Brute, Honda, Subaru
    Warranty service for Snapper sold at Walmart, Craftsman by MTD, Murray, Karcher, Earthquake, Yamaha engines, American Landmaster, Worx, Rockwell Tools, Great Lakes Technologies products(Wen, CZ), Generac portable/DR power and others.

Mower
    Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ILENGINE View Post
    Those old engines were stamped. most likely location is above the spark plug. And somebody has painted the engine. Also there should be some numbers stamped into the carb body next to the mounting flange. those numbers can be crossed over to an actual carb part number to look up the repair kit.
    Thanks, that was really helpful. I located the numbers on the carb and was able to identify which carb my motor has, and order parts. I just took a look at the head for the stamping and havent had any luck. I'll continue to look for it, but if my issue is just the carb I may be okay. I suspected that someone painted the motor, I'm really not sure why they would have done that.

1,000 Post Club
    Mower
    No mowers

Take a look at the oil sump sometimes numbers are stamped there.
    "Information/Knowledge not shared will be lost for ever, I will give freely any information that will help you out, you don't have to take it, that is up to you...! and the word "thank you" will not cost you anything, so be nice sometimes and use it"