Is this a good price? Gravely ZT HD 52" Kohler

aviator148

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

This is my first post here. I have been lurking for a while. I spent a while at a local Gravely dear in Texas today. After some discussion I got a price of $4499 on a 2018 52" HD with a Kohler engine (I might have been able to get a similar deal on a Kawasaki but it would be $200 more). The final price with sales tax is $4870 with free delivery (this is a cash price). Is this a decent price on this mower? I think they are trying to clear out the remaining 2018 models.

I was also offered the seat isolation kit installed for $100 and the head light kit installed for $100. Is this a good price for each of these? Or even necessary?

I need to make a decision so any advice is appreciated. Thanks

aviator148

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have read a pretty significant number of reviews on mowers for multiple brands. I feel confident that a HD will meet my needs and is more mower than I probably need. It is the price I am unsure about. According to gravely sales catalog the mower should sale for $4,999. So I got 10% off the sales catalog price. Is that reasonable?

aviator148

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have read several reports about there being some issues (not all mowers but enough to be a known issue) with the 52" deck vibrating (bad harmonics). There is no such reported problem with the 48" or 60". Any reason I should go with one of those sizes? I am mostly mowing 2-3 acres of yard and occasionally some pasture. Most of my mowing is done on a tractor.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have read several reports about there being some issues (not all mowers but enough to be a known issue) with the 52" deck vibrating (bad harmonics). There is no such reported problem with the 48" or 60". Any reason I should go with one of those sizes? I am mostly mowing 2-3 acres of yard and occasionally some pasture. Most of my mowing is done on a tractor.

i read reviews pros & cons, if spindles do not have grease fittings i would look at other options, mowers, for the price you are paying everything should be serviceable, especially spindles, steering components, etc. operate all controls on mower when giving a test drive.