Engine Engine surges(revs up & down)............

Threads
Surging comes from a fuel issue...... Either your filter is stopped up and you are not getting enough supply for the demand or you idle port in the carb is dirty or the whole carb is dirty and needs a good cleaning .....
QUOTE]

Isn't most RPM surging from a mis-adjusted governor???

Perhaps a posted You tube video of the issue would help us...

I don't think I made a video on the idle circuit of a carb.... I need to do that..... There are a number of threads on here though that I did diagnose the idle circuit of the carbs.... They were throwing everything at the engine, parts I mean and trying to reset the governor ETC ETC...... When I read on here that they cleaned the carb well I think it's time for a Ultra Sonic cleaning......

On the Nikki carbs there is a welch plug on the outside of the carb. When you pop that out and look it has tiny holes going to the venturi...... Then the other direction in the carb....... A good cleaning with the plug out does the trick every time.....

I chose the nikki carb cause it's more common on those cause generators sit up for a long time, as you know already and riders get put for 3 to 5 months during the winter.....

There are a few threads on here on that carb 5 to 6 pages long and the last post is Thank you Boudreaux for telling me about the idle circuit.. I thought my carb was clean since I did it 3 or 4 times...........

IL Engine told you right also.......... He goes thru that quite often.........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

BTW Honda engines are known for that issue also.... Sometimes you have to take a thumb bit to really get the jet clean.... Nobody ever thinks about those..........