New to Forum looking for advice

Teppler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a very used 2007 Bush Hog Model ES2044K2, right Hydro unit was disassembled and in a 5 gal bucket, I bought it dirt cheap and did not have too high an expectation. After researching the Hydro Unit a Model ZT-2800 I spent several weeks studying the manual and finally got it back together and to my amazement it now works great. Had to overhaul carburetor, replaced an idler pulley, replaced key switch, some body work and painting and have been mowing several weeks now the only problem I have is it rides very rough have adjusted tire pressure to 15PSI. It is so rough I am considering a seat belt.
The only thing left to consider is the steering dampeners, they are bad and plan to replace but the over $100 price for two is unbelievable, other dampeners of similar size are $20 each.
My question for members is could the rough riding be caused from me jerking the handles and causing drives to jerk caused by dampeners being bad making it seem to ride rough.

Thanks for any advice,

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the dampeners are bad you will have a jerky feel forward to back not up and down. Zero turns are very jarring to use with out a suspension seat. I suggest you get one.

Dampeners are not special to any manufacturer. Find the right size not part number and buy them.