no identification sticker

brian b

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello. I need the long trans drive belt. sticker gone under seat. its a black 17hp yard machine. engine model 42A707. type 2238 E1. code 0005085B. I found a tractor looked identical but green in color. required belt mtd 754-0467. crossed to dayco L590 but after a couple stops, tractor will not stop moving. ordered a 91" belt. thank you

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Firstly, welcome t the forum.

Many yard tractors have a sticker maybe under the hood that lists all belts for the machine.
I would have tho think that you have looked already; just thought I'd mention it.

I have had bad luck using aftermarket belts.
Some manufacturers' OEM belts have a proprietary bevel to the edges, and using aftermarket belts do not slip on the pulleys when pedal is pushed.
Sounds like the symptoms you are experiencing.
MTD is good for that. So, I always use OEM belts.

brian b

Forum Newbie
Threads
awesome. thank you much. that's what I was thinking but where I'm at I have to order a belt on line and I wanted to make sure I was ordering rite one. After talking to you I will confidently order the 754-0467. it is hanging up in the rear clutch pulley.

Threads
awesome. thank you much. that's what I was thinking but where I'm at I have to order a belt on line and I wanted to make sure I was ordering rite one. After talking to you I will confidently order the 754-0467. it is hanging up in the rear clutch pulley.

I agree with Ronno on using the OEM belts.... Just because you see on EBAY that's a replacement belt doesn't mean that's it's OEM....

Example,,,,,,,,,, John Deere belts are a unique angle and a aftermarket belt will work for a lil while but quit on you soon while cutting grass.... Not in your garage where it's sitting..........

Plus tard Mon Ami ~!~!

brian b

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you everyone. This forum is great. An mtd belt it is.