Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mower
    Cub Cadet

Re: IS2100Z Synthetic Oil Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by greenguy View Post
    Keep in mind, there is synthetic for automotive use and for air cooled small equipment use, both different applications. I use Amsoil small engine oil 10w-30.
    I am patently curious about something... How does one differentiate between small engine oil and big engine oil?

Far as Amsoil goes, it's your money not mine. Amsoil is snake oil to me, always has been.

Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Being a Brit bike collector, if it ain't wet (underneath) something is wrong.
    In which case I will catch up with you at he BSA International Rally , Halls Gap in 2 weeks time.

Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

I am patently curious about something... How does one differentiate between small engine oil and big engine oil?

Far as Amsoil goes, it's your money not mine. Amsoil is snake oil to me, always has been.
    There are different chemical packages added to the oils for different uses.
    Mower oils have a lot of anti corrosion chemicals added and usually a higher Zn content than car oils.
    You need a chemical lab to tell one from another.
    Dirt bike oils are the closest formula to mower oils.
    In most cases any oil will do the job, it is just some oils will do it better than others.
    As I regularly recommend in oil threads , the best oil is the stuff you just drained out cause it means you have just put fresh oil in.
    The time it has been in there is a lot more important that what went in.

Mower
    Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by bertsmobile1 View Post
    In which case I will catch up with you at he BSA International Rally , Halls Gap in 2 weeks time.
    Probably not. I'm not doing any events this year. Maybe a couple sidecar events with my Bonneville next summer, that's it. Every time I take it to a show, I get a trophy. Nice having a one of a kind sort of. I dread anything happening to it. I don't ven like people putting their hands on it.

They all have their respective 'drip pans' underneath. If it don't leak it's either out of oil or I forgot to put any in....

Been using 15-40 Shell Rotella in all the bikes except the Norton. It gets 40 weight straight detergent. The P11 is fun to ride, not much in the way of brakes though. Always wanted a Vincent (I know someone who has a Black Shadow) but I just cannot afford one.

Like your philosophy about oil. me to a tee.

Mower
    2016 IS2100Z

The difference is automotive use(catalytic converters) and small engine use(no converters). Zinc and phosphates are in small eng oil to a greater amount than automotive oil. There are many debates, use what you want.