Husqvarna LTH2042 / Craftsman LT2000 parts match up question.

Jeff B

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna LTH2042 / Craftsman LT2000 parts match up question.
I have a Husqvarna LTH2042 I bought new in 2010 it came with a Kohler Courage 20 engine. The Kohler has some internal engine damage. I have the Craftsman LT2000 42" cut 18.5 Briggs engine. I know the Husqvarna is a better build quality model over the LT2000. My question is does anyone know if the Briggs engine would work on the Husqvarna mower? I did get a better cut with no scalping & that may be due too the 5 non-scalping wheels on the deck and I like the hydro trans in the Husqvarna. I don't know who all builds what but the Craftsman looks to be a cheaper model of my Husqvarna so I thought some parts may interchange. I'm not sure of the year of the Craftsman it's the silver body & red decals. Other wise I will try and sale the Husqvarna because I don't have the money for a engine or to repair the Kohler engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the engines will swap as the mounting points are the same.
1.5 Hp will make no difference.
Naturally the control cables & wires will need to be modified cause the plugs are differeint,
The major concern will be the alternator,
If both mowers have manual blade engagement all is fine, If the Craftsman is electric & the Husqvarna is manual all is fine.
However if the Husky has an electric blade clutch & the craftsman is manual then the Brigs engine will need an alternator upgrade or you will need a battery charger to recharge the battery between mows cause the alternator will not be able to keep up.

Jeff B

Forum Newbie
Threads
the engines will swap as the mounting points are the same.
1.5 Hp will make no difference.
Naturally the control cables & wires will need to be modified cause the plugs are differeint,
The major concern will be the alternator,
If both mowers have manual blade engagement all is fine, If the Craftsman is electric & the Husqvarna is manual all is fine.
However if the Husky has an electric blade clutch & the craftsman is manual then the Brigs engine will need an alternator upgrade or you will need a battery charger to recharge the battery between mows cause the alternator will not be able to keep up.

Both are manual blade engagement. The other problem I see is the Husqvarna with the Kohler has a fuel pump I would need away to mount the fuel pump. It might not be worth the troubles I may run in too.