How can I increase throttle on my Honda mower?

Lend27

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Honda model HRR216VLA and I love it.
But it seems like it needs to rev a bit higher to do a better job cutting and mulching.
Whats the easiest way to adjust the throttle a bit higher?
Have you guys dealt with this issue?
Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Len

Threads
I'll tell you how but don't do it till you have seen a few videos on the the right way to do it...... Typing info can be interperted 2 or 3 different ways........

Ok where the governor shaft comes out of the engine block you will see a spring attached there and then it goes to the carb...

Where that spring is attached that's where you want to bend away from the carb ever so slightly.

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And setting the governed speed too high can damage the engine or make the mower run substantially worse.
Governed speeds are generally just past the peak torque for the engine.
The logic behind this is when you hit a tough spot and the engine slows down it will increase in power as it does which helps overcoming the extra load you have put on it.
So if you never cut more than 1" off the grass, spinning faster will give a cleaner cut.
However if you have spots where the cut can go to 2" or more it will cut very poorly.
A sharp blade with the right flutes for your lawn will make a bigger difference that increasing the governed speed.