Briggs never change oil engine....

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
while I change my engine oil once a year in consumer use, and the color tells me it is a good thing, my next door neighbor is not really good at it. His old mower, now gone should have gone to a Briggs museum.. One year I was changing my engine oil, and I asked would he like the oil in his mower changed. He said that he hadn't ever looked at the oil and the mower was about 10 - 15 years old, sure. I went to drain it and nothing came out. Turned it upside down - nothing came out. Poured oil in and it flowed thru coming out black. Put oil in, ran it, drained it and it came out black. Did this two or three times until it was still an amber color. His mower had been running dry for years. He used it for four or five more years then bought a new one just because he wanted a pushbutton start. Totally amazing.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suspect these motors are the aluminum bore (Kool Bore) design, plastic camshafts, aluminum bushings. The wrong oil in these engines will destroy the cylinder in short order so providing the correct oil and not letting the consumer change it might actually prolong the life of the motor.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
what - I can't use old cooking oil anymore that we have left over from frying the turkey? What's with that? It made the lawn smell nice and homey.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
what - I can't use old cooking oil anymore that we have left over from frying the turkey? What's with that? It made the lawn smell nice and homey.
ANY oil, even used turkey frying oil, is better than none.

2smoked

Threads
This is not a new idea. I never have to change oil in my old Lawn Boys. But they will outlast this throw-away junk. My 5233 is 53 years old, is used regularly, and runs like new. Sorry if this has a hint of sarcasm.

I just happen to like things that last.

SidecarFlip

Threads
This is not a new idea. I never have to change oil in my old Lawn Boys. But they will outlast this throw-away junk. My 5233 is 53 years old, is used regularly, and runs like new. Sorry if this has a hint of sarcasm.

I just happen to like things that last.

You add oil...... In the gas...lol

Personally, I think Briggs is right on. The Disposa-Engine and Disposa-Mower.. 2 and done, what a concept.

Now, my 6 grand Zero Turn better have a drain plug on the engine and IZT transmissions, filters too. For 6 grand, they aren't a 'Disposa-Mower', least in my view.

Of course I'd rather buy a Pred from Hardon Fright than a Briggs motor any day. better motors.