Anyone using a sprayer with their Scag?

BobbyV43

Threads
I recently bought a Tiger Cat II and I love it. It is super comfortable and mows great. I have a relatively new lawn that has some issue and I've been getting some prices to treat my 2 acre lawn and they are pretty high. My main issue right now is Japanese stiltgrass. My lawn is infested with it and the companies I've spoke to want an arm and a leg to treat it. The product to treat it is expensive but I think I could save a lot of money if I did these treatments myself. Does anyone know if a good quality sprayer that I can mount on my mower?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just about all of mu commercial customer have at least one ZTR with a spray tank fitted above the engine on a shelf ( PIA when it comes to fin cooling ).
Best one had a shelf with a couple of keyhole brackets that slotted over the rops bolts ( folding rops ) and a pair of spring loaded legs that engaged with the rear bash plate.
I fabbed up another using thick rubber blocks on the rear legs .
From there it is just a matter of getting power from the battery and adding a switch.
A couple put extensions to the control arms so both could be held in one hand leaving the other free to spray.
All of them are spraying Glyco along fence lines thus they can spray & mow at the same time

BobbyV43

Threads
Just about all of mu commercial customer have at least one ZTR with a spray tank fitted above the engine on a shelf ( PIA when it comes to fin cooling ).
Best one had a shelf with a couple of keyhole brackets that slotted over the rops bolts ( folding rops ) and a pair of spring loaded legs that engaged with the rear bash plate.
I fabbed up another using thick rubber blocks on the rear legs .
From there it is just a matter of getting power from the battery and adding a switch.
A couple put extensions to the control arms so both could be held in one hand leaving the other free to spray.
All of them are spraying Glyco along fence lines thus they can spray & mow at the same time

Thanks. I'm interested in a boom sprayer so I can do my own lawn treatments.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spot treating will be a lot cheaper & better than bulk spraying.
IF you want to go that route you will most likely need a tow behind.

mcdonell

Threads
I'm not much help. I have a 15 gallon sprayer strapped to the back seat of my golf cart. The wand is not very good at spraying the whole yard. I would want the sprayer set up that is made for doing the whole yard. I use mine as a spot sprayer for weeds and also for fire ants. Works great for both of these duties and 15 gallons is about right for my 3 acres.

I still use both hands to operate my Scag. I would probably want a foot switch to operate a trailer sprayer. Just my 2 cents.