cub cadet 2146

rjh1

Threads
I have a 2146 cub cadet , oil light is on ? oil is full to mark on stick ? Bad sensor ? or can i flush it with brake clean ?
Thanks

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure of that model number? I have a 2140 which has the gear transmission and they also made a 2145 which was the same tractor except it was a hydrostat transmission. Both of these had a 14 hp Onan engine. I have never heard of a 2146. Does yours have the Onan engine?

You need to remove the oil pressure light sending unit and replace it with an oil pressure gauge. Start the engine and see if pressure registers on the gauge. If it does, your sending unit is probably bad. If there is no oil pressure, you're going to have to pull the cover off the end of the engine that has the electric clutch and see what's wrong with the oil pump.

rjh1

Threads
Are you sure of that model number? I have a 2140 which has the gear transmission and they also made a 2145 which was the same tractor except it was a hydrostat transmission. Both of these had a 14 hp Onan engine. I have never heard of a 2146. Does yours have the Onan engine?

You need to remove the oil pressure light sending unit and replace it with an oil pressure gauge. Start the engine and see if pressure registers on the gauge. If it does, your sending unit is probably bad. If there is no oil pressure, you're going to have to pull the cover off the end of the engine that has the electric clutch and see what's wrong with the oil pump.

yes it's a 2146 it's called a 2000 series it has the onan / linamar 14 hp in it hydrostat driveshaft style 38 in deck