Briggs

Luffydog

Threads
Has anyone had the issue where the engine wouldn't turn off thinking it was the valves and you set them and it still doesn't turn over then you think it the cam and when u see the ipls and there is not a acr on the cam. I haven't had this issue as of yet but a friend has. He set the valves,new battery,checked ground,new starter,new starter solenoid. I haven't had this issue yet so I can't really help him out. He says it will start and run good only if you back it off the compression stroke first then it will turn over good and start and run 44k777-0120-e1. If you have had this issue what was the fix? Thanks

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anyone had the issue where the engine wouldn't turn off thinking it was the valves and you set them and it still doesn't turn over then you think it the cam and when u see the ipls and there is not a acr on the cam. I haven't had this issue as of yet but a friend has. He set the valves,new battery,checked ground,new starter,new starter solenoid. I haven't had this issue yet so I can't really help him out. He says it will start and run good only if you back it off the compression stroke first then it will turn over good and start and run 44k777-0120-e1. If you have had this issue what was the fix? Thanks

Does it have the acr or not?
If yes,
Walt has a valve setting procedure for that.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe that you will find that the engine in question does have the ACR on the camshaft. It is not a separate item available from the camshaft therefore will not be shown on the IPL

Luffydog

Threads
Correct but you can look at the picture in the ipl. I'll ask him today if he pulled it down or not and looked.

Tinkerer200

Threads
I believe that you will find that the engine in question does have the ACR on the camshaft. It is not a separate item available from the camshaft therefore will not be shown on the IPL

Most B&S series 44 engines do not have a separate ACR on the cam but utilize the "Ëasy spin" cam grind. I do not have the 44K777 in my IPLs but the one I found on line does not show an ACR mechanism. IF valves are adjusted correctly AND battery and connections are good including ground to frame connection, then I would suspect the cam lobes may have worn down prematurely.

Walt Conner

Luffydog

Threads
That was my thought as well Walt. I just didn't want to give him info that he didn't need. He's already been changing out parts trying to figure it out. He also said there is little oil on the #1 plug. Which changes the game on the engine long term and short term thinking.