Looking at a new and or a used mower

duane122000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the market for my first ZTR mower. I am now using a Husqvarna/Sears craftsman lawn tractor and hate it due to ride and speed and mow quality. I have been researching and almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these 2 mowers and was looking for some guidance. 1st one is a used 2016 Snapper Pro S200xt 61" deck with 27hp Kohler and it only has 6 hrs on it and as it should with that few of hrs it looks and runs brand new. I have driven and checked it but have not actually mowed with it but I believe I can pick it up in the $5200 to $5500 range. The other is a new 2018 Dixie Chopper Magnum 2450 50" deck with a 24 hp Kawasaki with and out the door price of around $5800. I am mowing a little less than 2 acres about once a week. I only have 1 tree and about 600' of fence to mow around but am afraid the 61" may be a larger deck than needed but like the fact that the Snapper Pro is a true commercial unit that will probably last the rest of my life but also like most of the reviews I have found on the DC. Looking for input. Thanks in advance for any given

tbzep

Threads
The Snapper Pro looks mighty fine on the website. See if they will let you mow a few minutes with it in an area with obstacles similar to your situation. In the mean time, hit the Snapper subforum and see if it has any issues to look for.