New Homeowners purchasing TS348XD

johnhensley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,

My wife and I are currently in the process of buying our first home. 3 acres of property out in rural Western NY
We are ecstatic to finally be moving into a house of our own. We have shopped around for tractors and have settled on the Husqvarna TS348XD. It seems that for the money, the value of this machine can't be beat.

We will be financing this purchase through our local dealer, they are offering 0% financing. So this is the perfect opportunity for us to purchase everything that we want and think we would need in one go.

The property is pretty flat, with plenty of trees. We will be clearing a lot of underbrush, but keeping most of the trees.

My question to all of you is this. Are there any accessories or attachments that we should steer clear of? Anything that is essential?

We considered getting the bagger system, but it doesn't have very good reviews on husqvarna's site. The same for the snowblower attachment.

Any advice is appreciated.

Natureboy

Threads
I have the Berco 48" snowblower, bought it as a package from TriCounty in Chaffee. Electric lift, snowcab, 4 link chains and rear weights. I highly recommend it, have used it for 3 years on a GT54LS. I just use a tow behind sweeper for lawn clean up. Also have the Johnny Bucket Jr. which made my wheelbarrow obsolete. You would have to check his site to see if your model would work with that.

Point37

Threads
Just picked up one of these and have just added the bagger...just posted about the bagger in my thread below...the bagger uses the tow hitch as a mounting point so you would have to add an extra hitch if you plan to use a small tow trailer or sweeper or remove the bagger...once I finish working on my yard I plan to pick up a sweeper for the leaves and a thatcher bar that mounts to the sweeper...also looking at adding a suicide knob...just a heads up, you won’t get a paper copy of the owners manual with the mower

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/47833-First-Garden-Yard-Tractor-Looking-at-Husqvarna