Hustler Raptor SD 60 breaking belts

JPR

Threads
My cousin found a piece on the top of his deck, chute side. We weren't able to figure out where it came from while looking through the manual. Since then, 3 drive belts have broken. I'll try and attach the photos. Anyone know where it's from?

imagejpeg_1.jpgimagejpeg_02.jpg

dfbroxy

Threads
If you post your Make and Model# you will get a much quicker response from the experts. They are glad to help, but need a little help from you first.

JPR

Threads
Is there that much of a difference between Raptor SD 60's?

JPR

Threads
In case anyone else had this happen, it dropped from the right steering arm. More than likely has nothing to do with the belts breaking. But at least we know where it goes.

mhavanti

Threads
JPR,

If you have a way of mounting a small camera, or at least getting a camera above the hydros while the belts are engaged. Keep hands out of the area of moving belts by all means. Cameras are disposable, hands, well maybe not so much.

You may find that the belt is flopping around and getting into the cooling fan blade on one or both of the hydros. It is usually the right one from what I've found. Might want to contact the manufacturer if you find this is your situation.

Max

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In case anyone else had this happen, it dropped from the right steering arm. More than likely has nothing to do with the belts breaking. But at least we know where it goes.

Post some photos of the broken belt.
The wear pattern on a belt will tell you how it broke so you are more than 1/2 way to working out why it broke.

JPR

Threads
Post some photos of the broken belt.
The wear pattern on a belt will tell you how it broke so you are more than 1/2 way to working out why it broke.

This was the local replacement that was recommended. Since then he has purchased 3 cogged belts.

IMG_1382.jpg

Last edited: